Hetalia!~ Seize the Day!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hetalia!~ Seize the Day!

A generic Hetalia roleplaying group! Come and join the fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lorraine - Nicolas (Claus) Bonnefoy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ludwig

Ludwig

Lorraine - Nicolas (Claus) Bonnefoy Empty
PostSubject: Lorraine - Nicolas (Claus) Bonnefoy   Lorraine - Nicolas (Claus) Bonnefoy I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Your Name: You can call me Metanaito, Meta, Met, or Naito. Either one~ Meta is my most common handle though.

Country/Region/City: Lorraine, France; also goes by Lothringen and occasionally Younger Lorraine. Was once known as the Duchy of Upper Lorraine back in the day.

Human Name: Nicolas Bonnefoy; also goes by Claus Bonnefoy, though around France he insists to be called Nicolas or Nico, so as not to upset Francis.

Birthday: Born in 1048 AD, other than that he doesn't know. He's moved around so many times he can't remember where some of his records are. At the urging of France, Nicolas celebrates his birthday on February 23rd, when he came to live with France permanently.

History: When Nico was a child, he lived with his twin brother Alsace, and his older brother, the Kingdom of Lorraine, also known as Elder Lorraine. As the Holy Roman Empire and the Kingdom of France expanded their territories, Elder Lorraine’s territory grew less and less, until finally Elder Lorraine disappeared one day. France was the first to swoop in and claim Lorraine as his son, and forced Nico to live in his house, while Alsace was forced to live with the Holy Roman Empire.

For years Alsace and Lorraine were swapped back and forth every ten or so years between France and Holy Roman Empire (such as in 1641 being invaded by France and in 1648 being forced back with the Holy Roman Empire). Until 1670 Nico had only lived with his brother about two out of about three hundred fifty years. In 1670 he was again invaded by France and lived with his brother and France for almost thirty years, when in 1697 he was allowed to be an independent nation again, while his brother stayed with France.

Until 1737, Lorraine tried to visit France and Holy Roman Empire frequently, though he had limited success in seeing either of them in a given day; they were usually far too busy. Nicolas was immensely enjoying his freedom, however, though he wished his brother Alsace could be with him. In 1737, he was once again forced into different hands; he was given to Stanisław Leszczyński in exchange for his abdication of the Polish throne. Because Stanisław was related to France’s king at the time, when he died Lorraine was once again handed over to France on February 23rd, 1766.

He lived with France until 1871, when the newly-formed German Empire annexed him and his brother. As long as he was still with his brother, Nicolas was content to live in Germany’s house, and did so until the end of World War One, when his brother convinced him to form the Republic of Alsace-Lorraine. Within a few days he was again forced with his brother to live with France when his father occupied the territory. In spite, France forced Alsace and Lorraine to use nothing but French in his presence. In 1940 during World War Two the two brothers were again forced to move. Germany became angry when he learned what France had done, and in retaliation he forced the two to speak nothing but German in his presence. At the end of World War Two, in November 1944, France once again took over Alsace and Lorraine, and they currently still live with France.

Personality: Nicolas is a very obedient boy, doing anything that France, Germany, or Alsace ask him to do in a heartbeat. When he gets conflicting orders, he simply freezes in place, until one of them either retracts their order or forgets about it. Nicolas is also very sweet and polite to everyone, being the perfect gentleman to those around him. He is rather quiet around countries he has not been introduced to before, unless one of his family members is around. He does not like it when his fathers argue, and will automatically beg them to stop arguing when either one of them raises their voice at the other. If that doesn’t stop them, then Nico has one other defense – crying. He knows his fathers will listen to him if he cries, and uses that to his full advantage if all else fails.

Appearance: Much like both of his fathers, France and Germany, Lorraine has blonde hair and blue eyes; his hair type matches France’s most of all, being wavy like his. His hair is a lot lighter than both of his parents, more like a platinum blonde shade. He is thin and not very muscular at all, only about 54 kilograms (119 pounds) overall, and is just a little shorter than Francis at 174 centimeters (5 feet, 8 ½ inches) tall. He has several small scars all over his body from his habit of self-harm (which in his case is not cutting, but scratching his skin and picking at scabs when he becomes stressed). He usually wears nice slacks and a long-sleeved, button-up shirt when in public; he likes to look nice in front of people. In private it is usually a pair of jeans and a tight t-shirt.

Extras: Lorraine is extremely easy to manipulate into doing one’s bidding. Things he would politely decline in an instant he will do without hesitation if a request is tied somehow to France, Germany, or Alsace. For example, if someone were to say “Help me organize things in my house”, Nico would politely decline. However, if one were to say “Germany said my house is a mess, help me organize things in my house”, Nico would come home with them and clean their house in a heartbeat. When asked about the scars on his body, Lorraine will try to skirt around the subject, and when forced he usually lies and says they were due to all the wars. Only Alsace really knows he inflicts them on himself when he gets too stressed. He likes classical music more than anything else in this world, except his family of course. He plays the oboe and French horn, and also sings tenor. He’s currently trying to learn the cello.

Example RP post: With a soft breath, Nicolas took his instrument out of the case, placing the three pieces perfectly together. He placed the double-reed mouthpiece on the oboe, and fondly regarded it for a moment. The oboe was one that Francis had given him as a birthday present, long ago; it was made of a dark red wood, probably mahogany (he had never asked, just graciously accepted it), with the full conservatory of silver-plated keys. Gently he took out a polishing cloth and rubbed gently at the keys, at the same time warming up the wood with his hands, as he had always carefully done with the oboe he had lovingly named “Antoine”. After more than fifty years, it still looked good as new. And indeed, the oboe lived up to its name; it was of inestimable worth to Nicolas.

After he was absolutely sure Antoine was warm enough, he blew into the mouthpiece, sending his hot breath through the instrument to warm it up even more, not making music just yet. After all, Antoine was finicky, and Nicolas knew it. He was quite old for an oboe, and had to warm up before his voice would sound as sublime as it had long ago. After a few more minutes of this, Nicolas took a breath, closed his eyes, and began to play. He knew the piece well – its debut was the one and only time Francis had permitted him to go with Ludwig to a concert. Since then it had been one of its favorites to listen to in private, when France wasn’t around to hear him listening to his numerous recordings of the German composer’s song. The arc of high notes he played wafted through the room, sending small ripples of calm energy flowing through his body. He was perfectly at piece.

Suddenly, Nico stopped when he opened his eyes and noticed Francis was returning from outside. He couldn’t be caught playing German music, his father would be furious! Quickly he disassembled Antoine and placed him back in the case, murmuring a quick apology to his instrument. The instant Nico closed the case, Francis stepped into the room and motioned to the case. “Going to play Antoine, are we, mon chéri? Would you play for me?”

Nicolas smiled softly at not being caught and nodded. “Of course, père.” And with that, he opened up the case, placing the three pieces perfectly together…

Anything else? I can has cute German-French boy nao? c: Also “Antoine” = French for “Anthony” = “priceless”.
Back to top Go down
Livi
Admin
Livi

Lorraine - Nicolas (Claus) Bonnefoy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lorraine - Nicolas (Claus) Bonnefoy   Lorraine - Nicolas (Claus) Bonnefoy I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:31 pm

Accepted~ Very nice! He's adorable ; u ; The sample was beautiful, I love your writing~ <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.hospitalwall.deviantart.com

Lorraine - Nicolas (Claus) Bonnefoy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hetalia!~ Seize the Day!  :: Welcome! :: Applications and Bios :: Accepted Applications-
Jump to: